2017 Jeans Industry Trend Watch You Don’t Want to Miss
Jeans have been around for over 140 years, but even along that journey there have been changes along the way. New trends bring with them styles and options that help to create a look and define an attitude. The same goes for the 2017 jean trends that will be hitting the market in the coming weeks and months.
“There are some exciting jean fashion trends that are on the horizon,” explains Jonathan Greenberg, chief operating officer of Swat Fame Inc., who manufactures the popular STS Blue line of jeans. “They will give people a chance to show their personality, as well as add to their personal style.”
The 2017 jean fashion trends to watch for include:
- All about the ankle. Jeans that are ankle length and have ankle detail will be a big hit in 2017. Variety will be everything on inseams ranging from 29-26; such as a step hem, curved hem, raw hem, and fray hem. A perfect opportunity to highlight your new shoes.
- This is going to be huge this year. STS Blue will be debuting some trendy yet affordable ones at the beginning of the year, with more to be showcased in May and June.
- Authentically Vintage Washed. People love how the 100 percent cotton gives the most authentic looking vintage wash, but it’s not the most comfortable. In 2017, look out for a super relaxed short in 100 percent cotton that is still comfortable to wear, but looks like a vintage pair of shorts.
- Black is back. The color black has been a huge trend all year and will continue into 2017. STS Jeans will be offering a few cool black shorts, one with a cut out embroidered detail and one that is faded, destroyed and very lived in.
- Deconstructed Boyfriend Jeans. Watch for super destroyed jeans that feature wide-open holes. These jeans will make a statement with one glance.
“LA helps to set the trends that the rest of the nation follows,” says STS Blue creative director Evelyn Ober. “We can’t wait to show you our spring collection and know they will be a big hit with those who love STS Blue, as well as those looking for something on trend and is effortlessly cool to wear this New Year.”
STS Blue has become a favorite of millennials because it gives them the chance to wear affordable Southern California-style fashion no matter where in the country they may live. They also help spread the movement through social media sites like Instagram, where their fans are referred to as “denim dolls” (#DenimDolls).
LA-inspired STS Blue is a line of jeans and jean shorts made for those who want to live the Southern California life and represent it no matter where they live. The jeans are casual chic, comfortable, and sexy. They are leading the pack when it comes to the LA-inspired denim fashion movement. Thanks to STS Blue styles, trend-setting washes and fabric blends, you can have a jean that is comfortable enough to wear everyday!
About STS Blue:
The STS Blue denim line is inspired by the casual LA and Southern California vibe. They live, breathe and love denim! STS Blue styles are true to size, and are made in a variety of fabrics to execute perfectly authentic washes while maintaining a flattering fit. They offer cotton, polyester, spandex and rayon blends for that comfortable, laid back, and effortlessly chic So Cal look. STS Blue is sold at Nordstrom, Dillard’s, and Von Maur, as well as online at STSblue.com. Styles include skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, denim shorts, and more; all with a friendly price point averaging $50.