African Pride Launches Black Castor Miracle Collection to Improve How Protective Style Wearers Care for Their Hair
African Pride, a hair care manufacturer with more than 30 years of experience creating quality, affordable products, introduces its Black Castor Miracle collection. The eight-product range provides women with a simplified regimen to change the way they care for their hair before, during and after wearing protective styles; which include braids, locs, weaves, wigs or any other hairstyle that tucks the ends of your hair away from constant manipulation.
African Pride’s NEW Black Castor Miracle Collection
Each product in the Black Castor Miracle line was specifically formulated with black castor oil; the number one ingredient associated with hair growth and premium, all-natural ingredients like coconut water, jojoba, tea tree, peppermint, coconut and soybean oils, coconut milk and shea butter.
“Through our research, we know that within the past 12 months, more than 65 percent of African-American women have worn their hair in a protective style,” said Kendria Strong, Director of Marketing. “We also know that consumers experience breakage and damage while wearing these styles due to lack of knowledge around proper hair care so we made sure that Black Castor Miracle products were simple, multi-functional and created with the highest quality ingredients to help them protect what’s theirs.”
The simplified Black Castor Miracle regimen covers the key phases or steps in the life cycle of a protective style: (Step 1) moisturize and prep, (Step 2) style and protect, (Step 3) refresh and seal and (Step 4) takedown and detangle, all while nourishing the hair and scalp, sealing in moisture and protecting against styling damage that may cause breakage; helping to retain length while promoting healthy hair growth.
The eight-piece Black Castor Miracle collection includes:
- Prep & Leave-In Moisture Butter (8oz) – Moisturize and prep hair before braided, weaved or protective styles with this specially crafted blend of black castor oil, shea butter and jojoba oil which penetrates hair strands, providing long-lasting hydration and protection against breakage during styling.
- Anti-Humidity Heat Protectant Spray (4oz) – Provides 400°F heat protection and guards against heat damage when blow drying, flat-ironing or straightening leave out, weaves and edges. Specially crafted with a keratin complex, this light-weight formula blocks humidity, seals in shine and keeps hair straight for up to 2 weeks or until your next wash day.
- Braid, Loc & Twist Gel (8oz) – Smooths frizz and fly-aways while boosting shine, for longer lasting styles. Leaves braids, locs and twists neat and smooth and can be used to slick edges or finish desired styles.
- Hold & Cover Black Edge Gel (2.25oz) – Slicks stubborn edges, temporarily covers gray hair and fills in thinning edges or part lines.
- Braid & Scalp Cleansing Rinse (12oz) – Uses a special blend of micellar water, black castor, coconut, and peppermint oils to gently cleanse and condition hair, edges, and scalp during braided styles and under weaves without causing frizz. Soothes scalp and calms itching; leaving hair refreshed and styles last longer.
- Hair & Scalp Sealing Oil (6oz) – Locks moisture into hair strands and improves moisture retention, while helping to condition hair, soothe the scalp, calm itching and prevent dryness. Great for braids, crochet styles, edges, under weave care and protective styles.
- Moisture & Detangling Masque (8oz) – Softens, conditions and removes knots or buildup from dry, tangled hair after braided, weaved and protective styles. Helps to prevent excessive breakage and shedding.
- Moisture Restore Treatment (2oz) – Deep-conditioning treatment infused with coconut milk and shea butter that hydrates and restores moisture to extremely dry, damaged hair.
Each item in the Black Castor Miracle collection is priced between $4.49 – $4.99 and is available beginning February 2019 at beauty supply stores nationwide. The Black Castor Miracle collection will be featured in Cosmopolitan Magazine’s popular series ‘THE BRAID UP’ on YouTube in mid-February 2019.
About African Pride
For 30 years, African Pride has addressed the hair care needs of all hair types and textures whether natural or relaxed with brands like Black Castor Miracle, Moisture Miracle, Shea Miracle, Olive Miracle, and Dream Kids. We believe in the unspoken power of a great hair day. The boost of energy that’s given when your beauty and confidence is intertwined should be accessible to all women. That’s why we created African Pride products with premium, natural ingredients at an affordable price to ensure that you’re less stressed about your hair and more focused on stepping into your best self.