THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY ESSENCE FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES PROGRAMMING FOR ALL-NEW WELLNESS HOUSE EXPERIENCE
WHAT: The 2019 ESSENCE Festival® presented by Coca-Cola, the world’s largest cultural, entertainment and empowerment experience and the largest celebration of global Black culture, announces the 1st ever Wellness House experience. The ESSENCE Wellness House is comprised of programming targeted to mental, physical and relationship wellness inclusive of group workouts by leading fitness instructors spanning fitness genres such as kickboxing, yoga, pilates, aerobics and more, healthy living conversations, mental health advice, expert nutrition and wellness advice and opportunity to experience a variety of holistic healing remedies.
WHEN: Saturday, July 6, 8AM-4PM; Sunday, July 7, 8AM-3PM
WHERE: The Lighthouse Glass Gallery, 743 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
WHO: Initial participants for the ESSENCE Wellness House include:
- Beatrice Dixon, Founder, Honey Pot Co.
- Boris & Nicole Kojoe, Co-Founders of KoFit
- Christina Rice, Founder, OM Noire (Yoga Retreat company)
- DJ C Devone, Fitness DJ, creating live workouts
- DaShaun “The Guru of Abs” Johnson, Fitness Instructor
- Domango Training & Motivated Muscle, Shanda Domango & Michael Brown, NOLA-based husband, and wife Fitness Instructors
- Dr. Wendy Goodall McDonald, OB-GYN
- Dr. Chelsea Jackson Roberts, Fitness Instructor
- Dr. Jess, Mental Health Expert
- Dr. Joy Harden Bradford
- Dr. Safiya Lyn Lasiter, Medical Marijuana Expert
- Dr. Tammy Wilborn, Mental Health Expert
- Faith Hunter, Fitness Instructor
- Johanna Basford, Fitness Instructor
- Marco Borges, Beyonce’s Nutritionist
- Melanie Fiona, Grammy Award Winner & Wellness Advocate
- Mashonda Firere, Author
- Nicole Chaplin, Fitness Instructor
- Shanti Das, Founder, Silence The Shame (Mental Health Advocacy Non-Profit)
- Simone Bresi-Ando, Owner, Bresi-Ando
- Staci Jae Johnson, Relationship Expert
- Starr Hawkins, Fitness Instructor
- Pinky Cole aka Slutty Vegan, Founder, Slutty Vegan
- Trap Yoga Bae®, Fitness Instructor
A full lineup of participants and events can be found by visiting www.essencefestival.com!
Sponsors for the 25th Anniversary ESSENCE Festival are Coca-Cola, AT&T, Disney, Ford, McDonald’s, State Farm and Walmart.