Valentine's Day: Get Flirty with Medici Ermete Lambrusco
This Valentine’s Day romance your special someone with fun, flirty Lambrusco, a sparkling red wine that’s not only on trend but delicious. Served slightly chilled, this beautifully versatile wine pairs with your main course, dessert, or can be sipped on its own. A bonus feature is that these wines are incredibly affordable, which means more roses, diamonds and chocolates for your sweetheart.
To save you from heartache, I recommend going straight to the expert, Medici Ermete, one of the oldest Lambrusco producers in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. For over 120 years, the Medici family has been producing top quality Lambrusco. The winery blends historic winemaking expertise with a modern, original style. Medici Ermete selects grapes exclusively from Lambrusco’s prime vineyards of the Emilia-Romagna region. They use a natural second fermentation process (Charmat method) to make fresh, fruity wines that are easy-drinking and approachable.
Below is the Medici Ermete portfolio to provide options for every wine lover’s taste:
Concerto Reggiano Lambrusco 2015 –SRP $22.99- Grapes: Salamino Lambrusco
- Medici Ermete’s flagship wine, Concerto is the world’s first single vineyard vintage Lambrusco. It is a sparkling dry red wine with lively bubbles achieved through natural fermentation.
- Pairs with a wide variety of foods such as grilled chicken, lamb, steak, lasagna with mixed vegetables and pastas with meat sauce.
Solo Reggiano Rosso 2015 –SRP $19.99- Grapes: Salamino Lambrusco, Ancellotta
- A vivid, brilliant ruby red, the wine shows classic red fruit aromas. Though dry, the palate is fruity, round and exuberant with fine and persistent bubbles.
- Enjoy with charcuterie, mortadella or a variety of pasta dishes such as tortellini, tagliatelle with meat sauce or tortelli stuffed with pumpkin and spices.
I Quercioli Secco Reggiano Lambrusco, NV – SRP $13.99- Grapes: Salamino Lambrusco, Marani Lambrusco
- Bright ruby red in color, the wine has a distinct violet scent. Dry yet fruity with fresh, pleasantly harmonious flavors and a lively effervescence.
- Delicious with grilled or cured meats and a variety of pasta dishes and cheeses.
I Quercioli Dolce Reggiano Lambrusco, NV – SRP $13.99- Grapes: Salamino Lambrusco, Marani Lambrusco
- Bright ruby red with persistent bubbles, the wine shows delicate floral notes of violet leading to a luxuriously sweet, fresh, vivacious palate that is pleasantly harmonious.
- A perfect pairing with dessert, white chocolate or chocolate covered caramels.