Pamper Mom on Mother's Day - Epsom Salt Treatment
Moms deserve all the pampering in the world, and with Mother’s Day approaching, you might be interested in an inexpensive way to create an at-home spa for mom.
Just get some Epsom salt, and it will help give Mom a well-deserved break. Doctors say it might even improve her health!
Epsom Salt can be used to create the ultimate at-home spa, and it’s something several experts and celebrities recommend to help look and feel better. A relaxing bath or exfoliating treatment will leave your skin radiant and glowing.
- Glowing skin exfoliating treatment: Mix 2 cups of Epsom Salt with 1/4 cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Use the mixture to gently scrub away dry skin patches.
- Microdermabrasion Facial: Mix 1/2 TSP of Epsom Salt into cleansing cream for a deep-pore cleansing. Massage on skin. Rinse with cool water. Pat dry.
- Bathtime Bliss: Add two cups of Epsom Salt to the water in a standard-sized bathtub; soak for at least 12 minutes, three times weekly. For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent.
- Pedicure Perfection: Dissolve a half cup of Epsom Salt into two quarts of warm water. Pour the water into a container and soak your bare feet for fifteen to twenty minutes. For an extra treat, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent. Massage the entire foot with Epsom Salt concentrating on the heels and ankles to remove any dry, rough spots. Then, rinse your feet off with clean tap water and dry them thoroughly.
- Homemade bath crystals: Mix two cups of Epsom Salt with a few drops of fragrance to create a custom bath crystal. Add a few drops of food coloring or 1/2 TSP of glycerin if you like. Store in an air-tight container.
After Exercising/Boosting Magnesium Levels
- To ease muscle pain and fading bruises. Add two cups of Epsom Salt to warm water in a standard-sized bathtub (double the Epsom Salt for an oversized garden tub) and bathe three times weekly, soaking for at least 12 minutes. Also can be used to make compresses.
- To soothe feet aching from a tough workout or a long day, add a cup of Epsom Salt to a tub of warm water and soak them.
Those soaks could also boost your body’s level of magnesium – a nutrient that experts say helps your body produce its main source of energy and impacts at least 300 enzyme systems. Over the past century, experts say the amount of magnesium we consume in our diets has dropped by about 60 percent, but here are some tips from doctors and researchers who say soaking in Epsom salt can increase your body’s level of magnesium:
Don’t forget to purchase a nice mother’s day gift from www.stelladot.com