Eye Health with Glasses and Shades | Sarah Bernard
Our eyes are windows to the world, and we’re not doing enough to protect them. Constant exposure to the sun ‘and’ screens is taking a toll on our eyes.
We don’t think twice about grabbing sunscreen to protect our skin from harmful U-V rays that cause sunburn and skin cancer. But, most people don’t realize our eyes can also suffer sunburn; causing both short and long-term damage.
But the great outdoors isn’t our only concern. On any given day for approximately 8.5 hours, our eyes are fixated on TVs, computer screens, iPads, e-books and smart phones. The Vision Council reports that blue light penetrates deep into the eye, which may result in:
- Long-term vision problems, such as macular degeneration, cataracts and damage to the retina
- Sleep disruption, due to the suppression of melatonin
It’s time to keep your eyes on the prize! The world’s leading provider of eyewear solutions is focused on helping you see your future with lines specifically designed to protect your eyes from sun and screen exposure!
Lifestyle and Fashion television contributor, Sarah Bernard discussed:
- Limiting blue light exposure with the 20-20-20 rule
- Foster Grant’s protective eyewear — 4 collections specifically designed to protect eyes, including readers! With consumers age 35 and up now using them, it’s no longer an “age thing”. Think fun, fashion option!
- The in-style specs for the summer