Dressing According To Your Body Type
Featured Red Pumps from Shoedazzle.com
Fashion can be a whimsical experience. There are a variety of accessories, fabrics, styles, and designs. But, one of the most important style tips is to dress according to your body type. How can you discover your body type? See the example below:
Knowing your body type allows you to purchase clothing based upon the direction of lines and patterns. It also serves as a guide when buying shapewear to camouflage targeted areas such as the stomach, hips, or thighs.
The first step to dressing for your body type is to getting the right measurements and selecting your physical shape. Your shape is either an Hourglass, Pear, Apple, Inverted Triangle, or Rectangle.
Another fashion tip is to find a style icon that’s based upon your body type and remix their wardrobe. For example, Jennifer Lopez is a “pear” and Queen Latifah has an “apple” shape.
The next step is select clothing that will compliment those areas and wear accessories to accent the total look:
- Hourglass – Tailored Clothing, Cropped Jackets, Wrap Dress, Dark Colors, Pencil Skirts, and Mid-Rise Pants
- Pear – Bright Prints, Embellished Tops, Dark Colored Pants, Bold Earrings, and High Heels
- Apple – Plunging Neckline, Tunic Shirt, Tailored Blazers, and Platform Wedges
- Inverted Triangle – Empire Waist Tops, Large Belts, Full Skirts, Boot cut Jeans, and Stilettos
- Rectangle – Flowy Tops, A-Line Skirts, Skinny Jeans, Flats, Heels, and Fitted Blazers.
Dressing according to your body type can be tricky but with the right attire you can have a timeless, capsule wardrobe.