To support the fashion industry in the state of Maryland, I will be attending Baltimore Fashion Week 2012. Although it’s exciting to see what each designer has to offer, there’s always a question of, “What should I wear to a fashion show or how should I dress?”
Whether it’s Mercedes Benz Fashion Week or you’re attending Fashion’s Night Out, most participants want to look sleek, chic, and pulled together. And it doesn’t hurt to try a new trend or wear something that’s created by the designer.
But, if you want to make a statement, keep in mind (when shopping) what’s your personal style. Below I have created some style inspiration for attending a fashion event!
Dressing For A Fashion Event 101:
1. Support the Designer (if you can) and wear something from a previous collection.
2. Seek to look casual and chic. For example, wear a pair of well fit slacks and blazer; a sheath dress with pumps; or jumpsuit with bold accessories.
3. Take into consideration the time and season of the event. Most shows happen early fall, mid winter, and early spring.
4. Carry an oversized bag or clutch for your camera, notebook, e tablet, or any other important accessories.
5. If you’re walking to a variety of shows, parties, or boutiques keep a pair of flats in your purse. Nothing is worth having foot pain at the end of the night!
FASHION EVENT INSPIRATION
$31 – newlook.com
$47 – hm.com
$610 – colette.fr
$2,590 – veryeickhoff.com
$18 – diva.net.au
$35 – liberty.co.uk
$235 – flannelsfashion.com
$730 – asos.com
The Editor’s Look for BFW 2012
Dress: bebe| Speedy Damier Handbag and Charm: Louis Vuitton | Shoes: bebe
also visit: Pinterest.com