One of the least expensive ways to decorate a home is with the use of floral design. Not only is it beautiful in terms of aesthetic value but it’s a money saver depending on the plant and design concept. Flowers can also set the tone for any room, whether romantic or contemporary.
In decorating (or design school) it’s always suggested to use nature for inspiration. Home floral design can be duplicated with authentic greenery or silk plants. Either option creates a beautiful centerpiece with a few additional suggestions:
1. Purchase or use a unique container
2. Select flowers that are in season with a local florist shop or nursery
3. Think outside of the box and use fruits as an arrangement
4. Add ribbons and lace as a nice accent
5. Try something new such as a wreath, swag, or garland
Also, don’t forget to consider your supplies and the space for your new arrangement. We will have more floral design tips on Style + Life + Fashion from Debi Lilly (Oprah’s Party Planner) as she will be launching a line of floral designs at select Safeway locations in the Baltimore/DC area.