Dry skin is a common issue many of us face as the weather gets cooler – but did you know it’s also a result of imbalances in your diet? Thanks to Kimberly Snyder, C.N. and her newest book, Radical Beauty (which she co-authored with Deepak Chopra!), we’ve got the tips you need on how to keep skin moisturized and glowing all season long – from the inside and out!
- When it comes to your diet, make sure you aren’t avoiding fat altogether! Incorporate easily digested beauty fats such a avocados, coconut oil and chia seeds. Avocados are a rich source of nourishing beauty fats, vitamins and lecithin to nourish dry skin!
- Hydration is key! Drink lots of room temperature water to keep your body hydrated. Another way is to eat lots of sweet, juice fruits which help hydrate your skin. Externally, you should avoid very hot showers in limit time I hot baths as this can dry out your skin as well.
- For your skincare routine, add extra boost of moisture try incorporating a face mask on a regular basis like the Radical Beauty Skin Texture Smoothing Mask to see your skin become smoother with diminished age spots! It contains coconut yogurt which is a great source of amino acids and probiotics, carrot is high in skin-brightening beta-carotene and antioxidants, lecithin to nourish dry skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth and avocados. (recipe and instructions below)
Radical Beauty Skin Texture Smoothing Mask
– ½ cup coconut yogurt (now commonly found at local health markets)
– 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
– 3 tablespoons, raw organic honey
– 1 organic carrot
Directions: In a food processor or blender, combine the ingredients and process until you reach a smooth consistency. Spread over your face and neck and relax for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing.