The Mane Choice Multicultural Hair and Body Brand: Founder Courtney Adeleye
In the last five years, there has been a 30% upswing in the number of minority- and female-owned brands presenting lines to retailers. Power players from Walmart to Sephora are taking notice and clearing shelf space for the upstart companies. One of the trailblazers in this growing category is the multicultural hair & body care brand, The Mane Choice – who has secured exclusive launch deals with both Walmart and Target in the last year alone! The five-year-old brand that grew from a home-based hobby to a multimillion dollar corporation in just 2 years is growing at a blistering pace.
About the brand and founder:
- The business was created by founder Courtney Adeleye, who began her journey by mixing products in her kitchen and documenting her progress on YouTube. As her viewers watched her hair grow from chin length all the way down to her hip, they yearned for her help with their own tresses.
- Courtney began the business out of her kitchen and grew The Mane Choice from a home-based hobby to a multimillion-dollar business in just two years. Last year, the brand garnered over 6.5 million in sales.
- In less than three years The Mane Choice has been picked up by major retailers including Sally Beauty Supply, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens, and CVS.
- In 2017 Courtney debuted two exclusive product launches with Walmart and Target.
- The Mane Choice has grown almost exclusively through word of mouth and social media. The brand has organically garnered 347K + Instagram followers and 362K + Facebook fans.
- The Mane Choice made history in Target, being the first hair vitamin to be featured in the hair aisle (they’re usually reserved for the vitamin aisle).
- The brand has already expanded abroad, with specific The Mane Choice e-commerce sites for Africa and Canada.
You must be logged in to post a comment.