Painting and Tips to Reduce Holiday Stress
Tis’ the season to be jolly! Last weekend, I decided to take a break from the holiday busyness and visit Painting With a Twist art studio.
The purpose behind the class was to celebrate my mom’s birthday. We had a great time and made plans to register for more events.
Aside from the celebration, one aspect to remember is that painting has therapeutic properties. Some of the benefits include memory strength, stress relief, and emotional growth.
Painting a one-of-a-kind picture was the perfect bonding activity and awesome way to meet new friends!
I am not the best painter but with guidance I can create a masterpiece!
I also want to share a few additional tips to reduce stress during the holiday season:
- Make holiday decor during the off-season to eliminate a hectic schedule.
- Create a food menu and prep/freeze holiday dishes.
- Visit your local grocery store or warehouse club for prepared dishes (example, Assorted Pinwheel Wraps, Rotisserie Chicken Enchiladas, or Ciabatta Sandwich Party Tray.)
- Play upbeat holiday music to get everyone in the spirit.
- Allow enough time to wrap gifts not excluding co-workers and care providers.
- Include low-impact exercise into your weekly routine.