The numbers are in. The National Retail Federation expects a solid 3.7 percent increase in 2015 holiday buying amounting to $630.5 billion – an astonishing total for just two months of sales. However, they are tempering their glee noting that “…Americans remain somewhat torn between their desire and their ability to spend; the fact remains consumers still have the weight of the economy on their minds” and “expect families to spend prudently and deliberately.” The NRF also expects online holiday sales to increase between 6 and 8 percent this year, adding up to $105 billion.
What does this mean to the holiday shopper? It means that consumers will be shopping where they know they will get the most gift-giving bang for their bucks. And that’s where wholesale clubs like BJs step up with a tried and true value proposition. Not just in-club either. The online deals at BJs.com also fill the void of many Johnny-come-latelys to subscription online buying, because BJs has the power of expertise to seek out and offer exclusive deals on the most popular items this holiday season.
The experts at Selling Christmas have identified some of the biggest trends this year, and for both online and in store gift buying, BJs members will see 2015 holiday favorites, such as:
Precious Metallics at Non-Precious Prices:
Straight from the pages of Elle Magazine: “Iridescent fabrics are the stuff dreams are made of. Seriously, try and look at them without being mesmerized. We predict that these fabrics will be a major street style staple. “
Glimmering metallic from copper to silver to gold can make any room or person look and feel glamorous.
· Satina 8-Premium Cosmetic Brush Set with Travel Case – Get the look professionals create to achieve pro-perfect application of face and eye makeup with various brushes including an angled foundation brush, large eye shadow brush, smudge brush and more. $19.99 In-Club Only
- Moscow Mules Mugs – Set of two traditional stainless steel mugs with a long-lasting shiny copper finish and brass handle. The perfect drinking companion for cool, refreshing drinks year round. $17.99 In-Club & BJs.com
- Crystal Bead Love Knot Stud Earrings – Pair these gorgeous round earrings with any look, day or night. Packed with dozens of round crystals, each 12mm earring possesses a startling amount of sparkle and shine. The base is not without its own elegance, combining the smooth cool of sterling silver with the warm richness of 14K yellow gold in a swirling design. IGI Appraisal Value $135 At BJ’s: $89.99 In-Club & BJs.com
- Berkley Jensen 100 Sq. Ft. Gift Wrap Ensemble – Five rolls of premium wrap, gift tags and coordinating bows and ribbons in a variety of metallic hues for the holiday season. $14.99 In-Club Only
Even if snow doesn’t touch down, incorporating winter white is still a popular way for getting into the holiday spirit. Adding classic white ware pieces will elegantly contrast with reds, greens and metallics.
· Berkley Jensen Write-and-Wipe Menu Board and Place Card Set – Let your dinner guests know what’s on the menu with this write & wipe ceramic menu board and six place cards. Use the included dry erase marker to write entertaining dinner highlights, a special dessert menu or messages of congratulations. The place cards can be used for table settings or labeling different dishes. This set is easily washable to reuse again and again. BJ’s Exclusive $14.99 In-Club & BJs.com
· Berkley Jensen Swirl Chip and Dip Dish – Constructed of super-white porcelain, the attractive Berkley Jensen Swirl Chip and Dip Dish is the perfect vessel for favorite party snacks. The bright white color makes a nice background for special occasion fare, allowing the cuisine to take center stage. Dish has an 11.8″ diameter with built-in well for dip, olives and other snacks. BJs Exclusive $11.99 In-Club & BJs.com.
· Berkley Jensen 5-Tier Buffet Server – Make the food table a display with this 3- or 5-tier buffet server from Berkley Jensen. Five stoneware trays can be used individually or as a unit, and the wire stand makes all dishes easy to reach. The trays are microwave-safe for convenient reheating and dishwasher-safe for easy clean-up. BJs Exclusive $29.99 In-Club & BJs.com
· Berkley Jensen 3-Piece Graduated Porcelain Trays with Handles – Berkley Jensen Porcelain Platters are a sleek and modern way to serve food. With pierced handles for easy handling and three different sizes, you will host and serve with ease. Comes with a small (8″x7 5/8″x1 1/8″), medium (10″x9.5″x1 38″) and large platter (12″x11 3/8″x1 3/4″). $14.99 In-Club & BJs.com
LED Lights to Light up Your Life:
Think light emitting diodes (LEDs) are just for flashlights and cell phone displays? Think again as new products are helping to bring more seasonal glitter to homes.
- Sylvania Color-Changing LED Garland – Nine feet of color-changing LED bulbs intricately woven through garland is a perfect holiday accent to mantles, doorways or stair railings. Choose between steady warm white lights, steady multi-colored lights or continuously changing white to multicolored lights. The timer feature means the lights will only be on when you want them to be on without worrying about turning a switch on and off..$34.99 In-Club & BJs.com
- 24″ Berkley Jensen Oversized Pre-Lit Gold or Red Ornament with LED Lights – Brighten up any front lawn with these festive oversized ornaments.
48″ Berkley Jensen Stacking Snowmen with LED Lights – Colorful and festive stacking snowmen bring a sense of joy to holiday decorations. The bright LED lights are both cool white and multicolor and the included timer function allows for energy-saving convenience. BJs Exclusive $149.99 In-Club or $179.99 (Delivered) BJs.com
For a rustic and classic theme, chalkboards continue to be a stylish way to create conversation starters when entertaining.
- Slate Wine and Spirit Notes, 3-Piece – These slate notes in assorted seasonal designs is such a unique way to label a gift for a wine bottle or to help label holiday cocktail fusions. $9.99 In-Club Only
- Slate and Wood Paddle Serving Set, 13-Piece – Serve a variety of cheeses in an elegant manner with this 13-piece wood and slate cheese board. With black slate markers and white slate pencils, your guests will know exactly what they are sampling. Includes antique brown wooden tray with leather rope, black slate board, 3 stainless steel cheese tools, 4 black slate cheese markers and 3 white slate pencils $17.99 In-Club & BJs.com
Enjoy photos from the holiday Lifestyle Segment at WBAL News. The serving platters, recipe, and ingredients used for the Cranberries Holiday Cooking Demo are compliments of BJs Wholesale Club:
- 12 oz. Cape Cod Fresh Cranberries
- 2 Tropicana Navel Oranges
- 2 cups Domino Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 cup chopped, toasted Wellsley Farms Walnuts
Pour cranberries into a food processor bowl. Cover and pulse in 2-second bursts, scraping down bowl with a rubber spatula, until the berries are coarsely chopped. Do not over-process. Transfer cranberries
to a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
Quarter unpeeled oranges and place in the processor bowl. Pulse until just coarsely chopped.
Combine oranges with cranberries in mixing bowl. Stir in 1½ cups of sugar and chopped walnuts (if using). Taste and adjust sweetness if necessary by adding more
sugar a little at a time.
Pecan and Cranberry Crusted Salmon with Cran-apple drizzle
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoon Wellsley Farms Organic Honey
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Chopped pecans
- 1/4 Cup Dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 6oz. Salmon filets
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 1 Cup Fresh cranberry sauce (prepared according to package directions)
- 1/2 Cup Apple juice
- 1 Tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Add fresh cranberry sauce, apple juice and vinegar in blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for five minutes stirring often. Remove from heat. Set aside.
You must be logged in to post a comment.