ESSENCE Centers Black Women’s Wellness; Brings #ESSENCEWellnessHouse to Atlanta
Today, ESSENCE Communications Inc., the leading media, technology and commerce company serving Black women, announced that it is bringing its signature ESSENCE Wellness House to Atlanta on March 7th. The ESSENCE Wellness House – an immersive wellness experience designed to support Black women on their collective and individual health and wellness journeys – will convene a host of wellness practitioners and A-list fitness professionals for an exclusive day-long retreat. The retreat will take place at the W Hotel Atlanta Midtown.
ESSENCE Wellness House serves as an extension to the brand’s unwavering commitment to Black women’s health and livelihood, as well as cultivating spaces for healing. With robust experiences – including energizing workout sessions, intimate conversations, interactive workshops, massages, reiki, meditation and group discussions with leading industry experts – this full day of ESSENCE-curated programming is designed to rejuvenate the mind, body, and soul.
“As the leading global destination for Black women, ESSENCE embraces our position as a premier resource for their wellness as well – and we take that very seriously,” said Michelle Ebanks, CEO, ESSENCE Communications, Inc. “We know that Black women tend to focus more on the care of others than herself, and as a result, they are disproportionately affected by almost all major health crises affecting women in the United States. So, it is incumbent upon ESSENCE to use our platform to bring wellness practices to Black women, create a safe space to gather and connect with culturally-informed spiritual, health and wellness practices.”
Highlights of the ESSENCE Wellness House on March 7th include:
- Heart Health Real Talk: A Conversation with AMA’s First Black Female President with Charli Penn, ESSENCE Relationship and Wellness Director and Patrice A. Harris, MD, MA, President of American Medical Association
- Get Your Mind Right: A Mindfulness Exercise with OmNoire’s Christina Rice
- Introduction to Breathwork with Yoga Instructor and Holistic Health Educator Ona Hawk
- Dance Your Pounds Off with Celebrity Dance and Fitness Instructor, Dwight Holt, Jr.
- Preventing Burnout by Reclaiming Your Boundaries led by Licensed Clinical Psychologist Dr. Ayanna Abrams
- Top Tips for Relationship Wellness & Sustainability: A Conversation with Aaron Turpeau Ph.D. and Derrick Jaxn
Additional exciting wellness professionals and influencers who will participate include Beatrice Dixon, Founder, and CEO of The Honey Pot; Alex Elle, Author & Self-Care Facilitator, Egypt Sherrod, TV host and Celebrity Home Space Expert; Rashan Ali, Multimedia Personality and co-host on the syndicated show Sister Circle; and more.
For more information and to purchase tickets:
visit essence.com/wellnesshouse and follow #ESSENCEWELLNESSHOUSE