Keep Clothes Bright and Less Fading – Laundry Secrets from Downy Ball
Surveys show that Americans spend a decent amount of money on clothing. Women spend about $59 and men spend about $25 a month. The average family bringing in an income of $50,000 spends about $2,000 a year on new outfits. On top of the money being invested in new shirts, pants, sweaters and other garments, laundry can be a real pain in the neck. Stain removers don’t always eliminate the entire mark left behind by spilled coffee or mystery smears, and color-enhancing detergent only extends the lifetime of clothing for so long. To help prevent having to purchase new clothes there are tips to help keep darks from fading, sneakers from tumbling into pieces in the dryer and white shirts from having ugly armpits.
Downy Ball has compiled some of the best laundry secrets and shortcuts since the invention of the modern washing machine and dryer to help consumers look their best with minimal effort. These tips include:
- Buy a sneaker dryer bag to eliminate the loud banging from your shoes.
- To prevent color fading, toss your clothes in the wash with a teaspoon of salt for a brighter look.
- Wash dark clothes inside out to keep them from fading. The detergent won’t drain the color and this easy trick will keep favorite shirts and pants looking newer longer.
- Save time, energy and money by throwing a dry towel into the dryer with wet laundry – this will reduce moisture in the machine and speed up the drying process.
- Remove underarm stains with a homemade recipe instead of bleach or stain sticks. Mix Dawn dishwashing liquid, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda to create a scrub that gets stunning results.
- Remove grease stains with a piece of chalk. Even if you have already washed a garment hoping soap and water would do the trick, that stain isn’t a permanent part of your wardrobe and chalk can still save the day.
[youtube height=”720″ width=”1280″]watch?v=Fhp6bRjj-iM[/youtube]
About Downy Ball
No more waiting for the rinse cycle. No more cleaning out the dispenser. With the Downy Ball, fabric softener is automatically released during the rinse cycle. To enjoy the convenience of Downy Ball just pour the Downy fabric softener of choice up to the right fill line in the Downy bottle cap, pour into the ball, seal it, and drop it in at the start of the wash on top of fabrics. Downy Ball will release the softener on its own, making laundry less complicated.
You must be logged in to post a comment.