Nitika Chopra Shares Natural Remedies for Winter Skin and Hair
Harsh winter weather and freezing temperatures require a little extra care in your beauty routine. You can make a big impact with just a few simple ingredients. Nitika Chopra, host of “Naturally Beautiful” on Z Living TV network has broken down the basics to keep your skin baby-soft and your hair moisturized all winter long.
1. Coconut Oil – Once a week in the winter, treat your hair to a coconut oil hair mask. Just before bed, apply organic coconut oil to your scalp and the ends of your hair with a cotton ball. Wrap your head in a towel, cover with a shower cap, and leave it in overnight. It keeps your hair super healthy and makes it soft and shiny. The next morning, rinse it out with just a little bit of shampoo (no conditioner necessary!). Use less coconut oil for thinner hair.
2. Rose Water – Your beauty routine should be a sensory experience. I live in New York City, so I love to feel peaceful, relaxed and calm. One of my favorite ingredients is all-natural rose water. You can use it as a toner just after cleansing. It’s perfect in the winter because it fights inflammation and takes away redness and puffiness.
3. Avocado – Avocado is really your best friend. The fruit is rich in Vitamins B, C, E and K. Mash up an avocado and use it plain as a face mask. It helps skin retain moisture, which is great for fighting wrinkles. Eating avocado, especially in the winter when we can have vitamin deficiencies, is also great. During colder months, it’s natural for us to crave creamier comfort foods, and avocado has the perfect consistency.
4. Sugar – I’m also a huge fan of sugar scrubs because they are so luxurious and easy to make. Take brown sugar and your favorite oil (olive is a good option) and add an essential oil for natural fragrance. Lavender is soothing, while peppermint is more energizing. Pick the one that fits your mood!
5. DIY Spa – Just remember to test a small amount of any DIY spa recipe on the inside of your wrist before you use it on your face or body.
Nitika Chopra, a certified life coach, is the Founding Editor-In-Chief of on-line lifestyle magazine YourBellaLife.com and a life-style contributor to the Huffington Post. Nitika’s unique point of view stems from the challenges she faced growing up in a traditional Indian home, without a traditional Indian cultural bone in her body, all while battling a debilitating skin condition that covered her body from head-to-toe for years. To overcome several low points in her life, she found a spiritual voice within her and became passionate about the power in small steps and infusing every day activities with spirit and possibility, regardless of one’s faith. Nitika uses this positive outlook to help people realize their own inner beauty and shares them with thousands of people who subscribe to her magazine. In 2011, Nitika was invited to speak about healing one’s authentic soul wound at the prestigious REVEAL conference hosted by Donna Karan’s Urban Zen Foundation. She is extremely active with her on-line community of thousands sharing her life-experiences with them in order to aid young women in their difficult life challenges and help transform them from hopeless to hopeful. Nitika is host of the show “Naturally Beautiful” on Z Living TV. Growing up, Nitika battled debilitating health problems that made it difficult for her to walk with ease for many years. This challenge, among others, fueled her passion for helping individuals and has made her an empathetic resource.
You must be logged in to post a comment.