It’s almost time for Back-to-School which means parents everywhere are preparing healthy lunch options for the kids. Long gone are the days of offering a bag of potato chips with a soda on the side. We’ve learned through research that fruits, vegetables, and proteins enable kids to be more productive and happier. With all of the processed food, allergies and hunger pains kids have, a boring, uninspiring or less-than-nutritious lunch won’t cut it.
A healthy and affordable homemade lunch will keep kids energized all day!
Create meal solutions with BJs Wholesale Club food and merchandise. From cereal to apple juice, BJs has what you’re looking for at a great price. The store’s organized to help families shop in a timely fashion. It’s also easy to comparison shop with price tags centered directly in front of the merchandise.
BJs offer’s in store coupons that can be sent in the mail or picked up at the store. Lastly, after you’ve filled your basket with goodies, there’s the option to self-checkout or enter a line with a cashier. From my experience both moved quickly helping families to spend their time wisely.
BJ’s Wholesale Club Facts for Families:
- From basic supplies and clothes to tech and food items, BJs has everything you need for back-to-school.
- BJs is the only warehouse club to accept manufacturers’ coupons for even greater savings and provide their own coupons as well.
- BJs Wholesale Club is your one-stop shopping destination for brand name high-quality food and general merchandise at everyday low prices including fresh produce and USDA choice meats, all-natural and organic foods, consumer electronics and appliances.
- BJs Wholesale Club carries over 150 organic items and numerous gluten free options.
Don’t Toss the Tops: Box Tops for Back-to-School
BJs Wholesale Clubs will feature General Mills items that include more Box Tops on specific items than other grocery stores. For example, BJs two pack Honey Nut Cheerios has a total of 13 Box Tops points. Each box has one Box Top located on the top of the box, plus 3 extra Box Top points, and the ability to get 5 more e-Box Tops by entering the code listed on the box on BJs microsite (the 5 points covers both boxes).
Now through September 17 all BJs clubs will include the following General Mills items:.
- Nature Valley Oats N Honey Bars, 49 ct.
- Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars, 48 ct.
- Cascadian Farms Granola Bars, 20 ct.
- Fruit Roll Ups, 56 ct.
- Gushers, 36 ct.
- Cascadian Farms Granola Cereal, 48 oz.
- Big Tub Deluxe, 74 oz.
- Honey Nut Cheerios, 55 oz.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch, 49 oz.
- Minions Yogurt, 24 ct.
- GoGurt, 32 ct.
- Mini Pancakes, 18 ct.
- Totino’s Cheese, 150 ct.
- Totino’s Pepperoni, 150 ct.
PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH
- ripe bananas
- 4 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Mix together peanut butter and cinnamon in a bowl. Slice bananas into thick slices. Spread the peanut butter mixture on slices of bread and put the banana slices on top. Don’t forget to add the other slice of bread; cut diagonally and put in kids lunch.
Sliced Carrots & Hummus
Homemade Trail Mix
2 cups of Cheerios
1 cup of pretzels
1 cup of peanuts
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and store.