Talk of Alabama Lifestyle Segment: Healthy and Quick Breakfast Recipe Ideas.
Last week I served as a Lifestyle Expert for Talk of Alabama: ABC 3340 sharing healthy breakfast recipes.
I was excited to host the segment because breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day.
Due to our hectic schedules, making a hearty breakfast can be a challenge but with the right appliances it can be an easy task!
During the segment I discussed the importance of creating a toast bar with the Krups 2 Slice Toaster Oven. There are so many delicious toast recipes adding peanut butter, avocado, bananas, and olive oil as a topping.
For breakfast meals (on the go) make a fruit smoothie as an option; top with Carrington Farms Organic Flax and Chia Seeds to boost the immune system. Munk Pack Oatmeal Squeezes are gluten-free, vegan snacks that are compacted with whole grains and fruit bites.
The TFal Pressure Cooker not only makes delicious dinners but breakfast dishes such as Cinnamon Roll Steel Cut Oats.
Take a look at the segment clip here: TALK OF ALABAMA: HEALTHY BREAKFAST
Cinnamon Roll Steel Cut Oats Recipe
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup steel cut oats
3 1/2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup raisins
Brown Sugar Topping
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add butter to pressure cooking pot, select Sauté. When butter is melted add the oats and toast, stirring constantly, until they start to darken and smell nutty, about 3 minutes.
- Add water and salt to pressure cooking pot.
- Select high pressure and set 10 minutes cook time.
- When beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker and use a natural pressure release for 5 minutes and then do a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure.
- When valve drops carefully remove lid. Stir oats. Stir in raisins. Cover and let sit five or 10 minutes until oats are desired thickness.