Where to Find Them: Rimmel London products are available at chain drug stores and mass retailers nationwide. Visit www.RimmelLondon.com for store locations and to try the newest products with Rimmel London’s exclusive Get The Look App available on iTunes and Google Play.
Yara Shahidi is one major breakout star! Her character on the television show Blackish is witty and fresh. In her personal life, she’s known for being proactive and representing a voice for her generation.
All of those qualities alone would make her the perfect brand ambassador for Bobby Brown Cosmetics. The cosmetics line is expanding its foundation shade range. Yara stated in Allure magazine, “I’m excited about being in partnership with Bobbi Brown. I have used Bobbi Brown for photo shoots [and] on set, so it’s been a lovely pairing indeed.”
Yara seeks to educate the beauty industry on the topic of representation and broaden everyone’s view of beauty. According to Bobby Brown Cosmetics, “The brand has added 12 new options to both ranges, bringing the final count for both foundations from 30 shades to 42.”
To make this collaboration even more fantastic, the brand recruited several girls from across the globe to test and try the new foundation shades.
To read more about Yara Shahidi and Bobby Brown Cosmetics, click here: Bobbi Brown Is Extending Its Foundation Shade Range by Filling the Gaps Between Colors
This morning COVERGIRL launched their biggest campaign of the year – The Infinite – which showcases COVERGIRL’s inspiration behind this product: YOU.
This campaign is a tribute to everyone who spoke up and said what they want and need from a foundation – not just an extensive shade range (but of course we have that!), but specific formula additions that cater to their unique skin needs. COVERGIRL listened, and COVERGIRL heard you, so this foundation was created specifically for each and every one of you.
COVERGIRL’s TruBlend Matte Made Foundation’s 40 shade-range delivers a long-wearing matte finish while delivering the key factors most asked for by consumers:
- Flexible wear and comfort feel – a flexi-hold technology creates a strong, yet flexible film that’s comfortable on the skin. It responds to facial movements and is lightweight on the skin.
- Transfer-Proof – Flexible film helps formula stay in place all day – will not transfer
- Pore-Blurring – Light-scattering technology blurs pores and minimizes imperfections on skin
- Oil-Absorption – Oil-absorbing powders can hold 2X their weight in oils
I have been a fan of Black Opal Cosmetics for many years. To start, I like my foundation to match the exact color of my skin tone. I also seek to wear a foundation that provides moisture and full coverage.
For the last two months, I have been using True Color Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation. The liquid foundation’s amazing and my face has never looked better!
Now that we’re in the winter months, it’s time to change my moisturizer, foundation, and primer. Black Opal has created True Color Perfecting Primer which has extra emollient ingredients to hydrate the skin and refine the appearance of pores.
Check back here in two weeks, I will be testing the beauty product and sharing on my Youtube channel.
Yesterday was the first day of December and that means we are officially in the cold weather season. Not only does the seasons change but our beauty regimen alters with the weather. The reason we must change our beauty routine is because the external environment can damage our skin, hair, and nails.
Every year I look in the mirror (around the month of November) and my skin is excessively dry. My first instinct is to panic but then I realize it’s time to visit the drugstore or cosmetics counter. I have a few beauty products that I am actively using from foundation to nail polish remover pads.
To begin, let’s talk about foundation. We often forget to change our foundation because it’s our favorite shade or brand. Here’s what I learned, foundation in the winter months should have hydrating and moisturizing functions. This helps to counter-act dryness and use a lighter press powder. Also, if you tend to look a shade darker (or tan) in the summer months, you may consider a foundation that’s lighter. The foundation color should match the exact shade of your face and neckline.
In terms of face lotion, it is suggested that we stay away from light-weight lotions and use a cream. Lotions are not heavy enough to protect the skin from the dry air. I suffer from dry skin due to eczema and prefer a cream lotion whether in the winter or summer months.
Always opt for a deep hydrating mask to use on your hair in the winter. The cold air can create brittleness no matter the hair type or texture. If you can’t afford an expensive hair mask, visit your local drugstore or Pinterest.com to create a DIY hair mask at home. Either way, your hair can not afford to be shampooed with a leave – in conditioner alone. The result will be breakage and frizz!
An additional beauty product that I’m actively using are nail polish remover pads. Surprisingly, my mom (the other contributor) introduced me to this product last summer. You can purchase a box for about $2 at the drugstore and they serve two functions. Nail polish remover pads will remove polish quickly while also conditioning the cuticle and nails. I was relieved to discover this product and since that time disposed of liquid remover (and cotton balls.)
I’m always searching for beauty tools to make my life easier because I’m managing my brand and have mommy duties. The ultimate makeup tool the everyone should own in their bag is a Beauty Blender. I have to admit that I own three because they serve a different function (and if I lose one there’s always an extra.) The Beauty Blender surfaced several years ago but has recently become available to beauty enthusiasts. This is not your normal sponge due to the shape, texture, and use of the blender. The Beauty Blender can be used to apply foundation, bb cream, tanner, bronzer, and concealer. It can also be used for highlighting, contouring, and strobing.
Lastly, with so much dryness in the air and having a hectic holiday schedule, we need an at home facial in between our spa treatments. Purchasing a Sonic Face and Body Polisher can be an investment. I am totally in love with my system and received it as a product review. This little hand-held machine exfoliates and softens the skin while tightening my pores. I love makeup but I’m a huge advocate for natural, glowing skin and we must take care of it!
I hope the tips I provided will help your winter beauty routine. Also, stay connected to the site because I will be visiting a few local wellness spas very soon!
As a mom you’re busy going to school meetings, shopping for groceries, and picking up socks. Honestly, there’s barely enough time in the day to get it all done, let alone time to fix yourself up. But mommy-istas, today is a new day! We need to embrace motherhood with a sense of vengeance and look fabulous while on this journey.
There’s a few rules that every mom should remember as “the going gets tough.” Rule number one: In order for everyone to be happy (and sane) in your home, your sense of happiness is very important. Number two: It’s completely okay to pick up a new tube of lipstick while shopping for pampers. And number three: Find a gym that has mommy daycare so everyone can have a “time out.”
Now that the rules have been established, let’s talk about looking fabulous. With so many celebrity moms like Halle Berry, Kim Kardashian, and Jessica Simpson, they have opened the doors for better apparel and beauty products.
Your probably saying to yourself, “good for them” but becoming a mom’s truly a unique sisterhood. When you enter this girls club, there’s always the uncontrollable issue of time. Which means we need (better) products that get us out of the door quickly, make us look good, and are cost efficient.
Based upon my own experiences, I have decided to share a few “mommy” secrets in regards to dress and my daily beauty regimen.
Mommy-ista Dressing Must Haves
1. A cute pair of flats: They can be purchased from Target or Channel but you need a pair of flats in your wardrobe…it’s difficult to chase kids in stilettos (honestly.) Also, flats are perfect for when you wear heels and need to take a break. You can carry flats in your purse and use them when needed.
2. Jeans are purchased in three categories: You have date night jeans that are sexy, stylish, and slightly trendy. You have parent/teacher conference jeans that look appropriate with a blazer…not too tight or sexy. You have shopping jeans that are comfortable…not “mom jeans” and can be worn with any pair of shoes.
3. Stylish pair of pumps/heels: Eventually you will have a “Girls Night Out” or need to wear them to the office. Every mom should have a pair in her wardrobe. When starting out, purchase them in basic colors and progress towards “fun” heels.
4. A blazer can do wonders: Wearing a blazer instantly makes you look stylish but can also hide a few figure imperfections. They can also go with anything (depending on the color and fabric texture) so this is a must have in your “mommy” wardrobe.
5. Proper undergarments: Once you become a mom (no matter what size) you will have a case of the “jiggles.” And that’s okay because as a grown woman, you want to have curves but undergarments assist with the shape/fit of your attire. Stop by your favorite lingerie store and purchase a cami top, hosiery, and body shaper.
Mommy-ista Beauty Tips
1. Buy Concealer and Foundation: This particular beauty product is your best friend! You have long nights, and early mornings (very different from college.) Therefore at some point, you will want to look awake and refreshed. Concealer and Foundation can be purchased at Saks or at a local drugstore. For more questions about concealer, download my e-book Beauty Tips Back to The Basics.
2. Neutral Lipstick and Red Lipstick: Wearing a neutral lipstick will make your face appear upbeat and match any color blouse (or dress) in your wardrobe. Wearing a red lipstick will brighten the eyes and refresh your face as well.
3. Groom those Eyebrows: Your eyebrows are truly a window to the face! They can be groomed at any local salon for $10.00 or a kit can be purchased from a local drugstore.
4. Fragrance, Fragrance, Fragrance: Wearing a fragrance can boost any mood but most importantly, you will smell pleasant at all times (while running errands.)
5. Buy Quick Dry Nail Polish or Nail Stickers: At some point, you will need to “appear” as if you’ve had a manicure. Owning nail polish provides the luxury of making your hands look polished but also good for in-home touch ups. Nail stickers are inexpensive and trendy.