D.C. and Baltimore-area Simon centers support the fight against breast cancer with Susan G. Komen® through ‘Mission Pink®’
Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, Hagerstown Premium Outlets,Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets, Queenstown Premium Outlets and St. Charles Towne Center today announced that they will be participating in a national engagement with Susan G. Komen® to support the fight against breast cancer, engaging employees, retailers and shoppers in ‘Mission Pink®’ events throughout the month of October.
“As an active member in this community, D.C.-area Simon centers provide an ideal backdrop for raising awareness and encouraging support in finding a cure for breast cancer, a disease we know affects many of our employees, retailers and shoppers every year,” said Todd Jerscheid, Fashion Centre at Pentagon City Director of Mall Marketing and Business Development.
“We are delighted to be working with the dedicated people at Simon,” said Dr. Judy Salerno, Komen President and CEO. “With one case of breast cancer diagnosed every two minutes in the U.S., programs like Simon’s ‘Mission Pink’ play a key role in bringing our mission to people in communities across the country. The support of Simon and their customers will help us fund research, provide support to women, men and families suffering from breast cancer, and move toward a world with no breast cancer.”
Visitors to D.C. and Baltimore-area Simon centers will notice that the Guest Services booths will be outfitted in pink and staff will be honoring National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by donning pink accessories. Other planned activities include:
Fashion Centre at Pentagon City
1100 S. Hayes Street / 703.415.2401/ Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Mall Hours: Monday – Saturday (10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.) and Sunday (11 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Celebrate Mission Pink with Girl’s Night Out: On Thursday, October 8 from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.on the Ground Level in the Nordstrom Wing, Fashion Centre at Pentagon City will hold a FREE and fashion-forward event to “Celebrate Mission Pink” filled with fun, shopping and ways to support Susan G. Komen. Guests can treat themselves to light bites and smoothies, beauty makeovers, photo booth fun and the latest fall fashions with special one-night offers from select retailers. The event will also feature fitness demonstrations from a local Zumba studio, music spun by a DJ, a Madame Tussauds wax figure of Angelia Jolie and a special DIY area where guests can make their own beaded bracelets with a breast cancer ribbon charm. Shoppers can even spin the prize wheel for special gifts! Volunteers from the D.C. chapter of Susan G. Komen will also be on property to answer questions and provide additional information on breast cancer awareness.
- Wall of Strength: On Saturday, October 24, shoppers can visit Guest Services to donate to Susan G. Komen to support breast cancer awareness. For a $1 donation, any survivors, family members or friends can write their own message of strength on a foam board “brick” that will be added to the mall’s “Wall of Strength.” Shoppers are encouraged to snap a photo holding their own message in front of the “Wall of Strength” and share via social media using #WhatGivesYouStregnth.
- Style Passes: During the entire month of October, shoppers can purchase a Style Pass Book containing retailer discounts at Simon Guest Services for $5 with 100 percent of these proceeds benefiting Susan G. Komen.
Hagerstown Premium Outlets
495 Premium Outlets Boulevard / 301.790.0300 / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Mall Hours: Monday – Saturday (10 a.m. – 9 p.m.) and Sunday (10 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Message of Strength Photo Saturdays: Each Saturday in October from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., shoppers who make a $1 donation to Susan G. Komen will be able to take a photo and showcase their message of strength in support of the cause, survival and breast cancer awareness.
- Voucher Program: Shoppers have the opportunity to donate $10 to Susan G. Komen for a voucher card for 25 percent off one single item at participating retailers, such as Columbia Sportswear, Guess, Fossil, Kate Spade New York, The North Face, Under Armour and more. One hundred percent of these proceeds will benefit the foundation.
- ‘Mission Pink’ Preferred Parking Spaces: All month long, the center will reserve several parking spaces located around the property for breast cancer survivors, marked by a large pink ribbon.
- Saturday Tabling: On Saturday, October 17, volunteers from the Maryland affiliate of Susan G. Komen will be onsite from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. to answer questions and provide information on breast cancer awareness.
Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets
241 Fort Evans Rd NE, Leesburg, Va. 20176 / 301.870.6997 / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Mall Hours: Monday – Saturday (10 a.m. – 9 p.m.) and Sunday (10 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- Voucher Program: During the month of October, shoppers who donate $10 to benefit Susan G. Komen will receive a voucher card for 25 percent off one single item at participating retailers. One hundred percent of these proceeds will benefit the foundation.
- Wall of Strength: For a $1 donation, survivors, families and friends can write their message of strength on a foam board “brick.” The bricks will be placed on the “Wall of Strength” located at Guest Services.
- Saturday Tabling: Volunteers from the D.C. chapter of Susan G. Komen will be on property everySaturday from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. near the Food Court to answer questions and provide information on breast cancer awareness.
Queenstown Premium Outlets
441 Outlet Center Drive / 410.827.8699 / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Mall Hours: Monday – Wednesday (10 a.m. – 8 p.m.), Thursday – Saturday (10 a.m. – 9 p.m.) and Sunday (11 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Message of Strength Photo Saturdays: Shoppers are able to share their message of strength with a special photo opportunity each Saturday in October (with the exception of Saturday, October 31). Those who make a $1 donation to Susan G. Komen can have their photo taken with a message in support of breast cancer survival and awareness written on a foam board.
- Voucher Program: All October long, shoppers can receive a voucher card for 25 percent off one item at select retailers, including Banana Republic Factory Store, Tommy Hilfiger and Under Armour for a donation of $10 to benefit Susan G. Komen.
- Saturday Tabling: Shoppers can speak with volunteers from the Maryland chapter of Susan G. Komen on breast cancer awareness during a tabling event on Saturday, October 9 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
St. Charles Towne Center
11110 Mall Circle / 301.870.6997 / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
Mall Hours: Monday – Saturday (10 a.m. – 9 p.m.) and Sunday (11 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Pink Walk: Lace up the tennis shoes and join St. Charles Towne Center and the Sisters at Heart Breast Cancer Survivors of Charles County on Saturday, October 10 from 8:30 – 10 a.m. for a walk to save lives! The first 100 walkers who register receive a FREE t-shirt. On-site registration starts at 7:30 a.m.in the Food Court (organizers will only be accepting cash at this location). To register online with a $25 donation, please visit www.cfsomd.org or email email@example.com.
- Post-Pink Walk Stretch Session: After the Pink Walk on Saturday, October 10 from 10 – 10:15 a.m., registered walkers can participate in a brief Zumba cool down and stretch session led by a certified instructor in the Center Court. Then, from 10:15 – 11 a.m., all registered walkers will enjoy a complimentary breakfast from Chick-fil-A while listening to inspiring stories from guest speakers and local breast cancer survivors.
- The PINK Expo: Also on Saturday, October 10, St. Charles Towne Center is hosting The PINK Expo from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. immediately following the Pink Walk. Shoppers and Pink Walk participants can head over to the lower level Center Court by Guest Services to learn about a variety of organizations who take pride in supporting the cause. The first 150 guests who check-in at the “Pink Arch” and register will receive special swag bags filled with goodies, discounts for mall retailers and more. The expo will also feature photo booth fun, light bites and refreshments, a “PINK-inspired” fashion showcase, pop-up make-over stations, glitter tattoos, complimentary measuring for a bra fit, music spun by a DJ and more. There will also be exciting giveaways up for grabs, including the chance to win a $1000 shopping spree! Attendees who wear the color pink will even receive 30 percent off on any Grande-sized drink at Starbucks! Local organizations interested in participating can contact Lauren Monroe, Marketing Director for St. Charles Towne Center, at Lauren.Monroe@simon.com.
- Message of Strength Photo Saturdays: From 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on October 17, October 24 and October 31, shoppers who make a $1 donation to Susan G. Komen will receive a special “PINK” takeaway and will have the opportunity to be write their own “message of strength” on a featured board in support of the cause and breast cancer awareness. Shoppers can also participate in a photo opp with their “message of strength” and share via social media using #MissionPink.
During October 2015, Simon is proud to support Susan G. Komen through various fundraising initiatives, and along with the help of generous customers, will guarantee a contribution of at least $250,000.
Simon is a global leader in retail real estate ownership, management and development and a S&P100 company (Simon Property Group, NYSE:SPG). Our industry-leading retail properties and investments across North America, Europe and Asia provide shopping experiences for millions of consumers every day and generate billions in annual retail sales. For more information, visit simon.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.