Celebrity Makeup Artist Saisha Beecham and singer/song writer Estelle shared a photo on Instagram showing off the musician’s makeup look using AJ Crimson Beauty. Saisha used AJ Crimson Beauty’s Blurflection Priming Souffle ($55; https://ajcrimson.com/) to achieve a smooth, flawless look on Estelle.
The Black-owned luxury cosmetic line features a variety of different products + lip shades and is now carried at Nordstrom.
Accessories can make or break an outfit, and no-one understands that better than Jenn Loyd, Fashion Stylist for NBC & CBS, a Personal Fashion Stylist, Lifestyle Expert, and founder of Lobe Love, a bespoke accessory company.
Over the years, Jenn has styled hundreds of women, and is passionate about helping women look and feel their best, and uncover their own unique, personal style. When it comes styling a look, Jenn pays attention to details with accessories.
“When I’m not helping women win their freedom from Outfit Overwhelm into Clothing Confident, you’ll find me creating and celebrating a life that is functional AND fun”, says Jenn.
Jenn was interviewed on Spring 2022 accessory trends, and we’d love to share her insight with you:
1. What colorways are you seeing for Spring?
There are going to be so many dreamy colors: Periwinkle, soft lilac, soft tan, and my personal favorite – hot pink. A gorgeous infusion of color!
2. Do you foresee all-white ensembles featuring? What does this mean for accessories?
I love all white ensembles because you can pair them with any color statement. An all-white ensemble will instantly pop with colorful accessories or you can keep your statement pieces all white for a clean, sophisticated look.
3. With the abundance of crochet predicted, what accessories do you have in mind to
complement this look?
I would love to pair crochet looks with jewels… we have some coming in spring that will work exceptionally well with crochet. The juxtaposition of organic wool with glittering stones works well.
4. Any gingham accessories for Spring? If so, what colorways?
Gingham will be a fun pattern this season and I would wear it in the colors for spring. I’m gravitating towards soft lilac and hot pink for earrings and headbands in particular.
5. With sexy bra tops making a return, what earrings will best compliment this look?
Depending on the detailing of the bra, I would pair them with some fringe earrings or jewel with fringe earrings. The minimalist bra look allows for a ‘wow’ earring to fill up the space.
6. Your top embellishments for Spring earrings?
I am big on jewels this Spring in soft tan, purple and blues. Chains and pearls will be making a statement as well and adorn your ears perfectly.
BE[LOVE]D is in the air! Valentine’s Day is right around the corner wanted to share the greatest pampering beauty gifts from vegan beauty brand BELOVED by Love Beauty and Planet! Check out the below products available at Target and Target.com that make the perfect gift for Valentine’s Day!
About BELOVED by Love Beauty and Planet
- BELOVED by Love Beauty and Planet is a line of pampering bath & body products that transforms bath time into a small act of love for your body, mind and planet.
- Our products are vegan, made with plant-based cleansers and moisturizers, free from parabens and sulfate cleansers, and made with 92%+ naturally-derived* ingredients. Love Beauty and Planet (including BELOVED) is PETA approved, meaning we do not test on animals, anywhere in the world.
- *We consider an ingredient naturally derived if it’s unchanged from its natural state or has a natural source and undergone some processing — but retains greater than 50% of its original natural structure. 92% naturally derived means 92% of our formula, including water, is made up of naturally derived content!
- Our bottles and jars are recyclable and made with 100% recycled plastic. We are proudly committed to continuously seeking innovative ways to reduce our environmental impact while offering consumers exciting formats for their different needs (excluding body scrubs, candles, and sheet masks)
- BELOVED by Love Beauty and Planet is available exclusively at Target stores and Target.com/Beloved
- MSRP: Ranges from $3.99-$17.99, depending on product
- Fragrance Collections
- NEW Product Formats
o 3-Wick Scented Candle
o Bath Salts
Now entering its 50th year, Dark & Lovely has been the go-to brand for Black women looking to achieve head-turning styles, while protecting the integrity of their hair. The brand continues to stay relevant with new innovations like the Uplift Bleach Kit, which appeals to consumers of all agers, including Gen Z and Millennials who are looking to express themselves through their style. Keeping in step with this, the new Uplift Bleach Kit features a patented, two-part system that is not only easy to use, but delivers up to 8 levels of dramatic lift – from Black to honey blonde to platinum. The new haircare solution also includes curl safe technology with encapsulated oils that provide 4x more hydration, while maintaining hair texture.
“As a newly converted blonde, I am thrilled for the launch of Dark & Lovely’s new Bleach Kit,” said actress, producer and Dark & Lovely Brand Ambassador, Storm Reid. “This has already become an absolute must-have in my beauty arsenal. What I really love is that I can actually use it to keep my hair looking amazing from home.”
“When opting to go blonde, it’s important to use products that not only help you to achieve your desired hue, but nourish the hair while respecting its natural curl pattern,” said celebrity hairstylist Kendall Dorsey, who styles Kelly Rowland, Saweetie and Alicia Keys. “The Dark & Lovely Uplift Bleach Kit does just that, making it the perfect at-home staple for blonde bombshells.”
The Dark & Lovely Uplift Bleach Kit is available for $8.49 at Walmart stores nationwide and Walmart.com. For more information about Dark & Lovely and the Uplift Bleach Kit, please visit DarkAndLovely.com or follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
ABOUT DARK & LOVELY
Dark & Lovely, founded in 1972, was created to help Black women express and embrace their individual styles. As one of the first brands to celebrate the Black consumer, for 50 years Dark & Lovely has been known for offering innovative products and technology made exclusively for Black Women to address their specific beauty needs. As a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, Dark & Lovely continues to unveil breakthrough hair innovations for women of color. For more information, visit www.darkandlovely.com