Inkaterra, Peru’s leader in luxury sustainable tourism, is celebrating the company’s 40th anniversary with a brand-new ‘Ruby Package,’ a nine-day adventure-packed trip that takes guests to four of Inkaterra’s properties across Peru.
The adventure includes 40 activities – such as guided excursions, gourmet meals and indigenous spa treatments – and takes travelers to the heart of the Amazon rainforest, the cloud forest of Machu Picchu, the heart of Cusco, and the stunning Sacred Valley of the Incas:
Inkaterra La Casona
- The journey begins at Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica, an eco-lodge comprised of 35 wooden cabanas located deep in the heart of the Amazon rainforest of southern Peru. Travelers will explore one of the world’s most remote and bio-diverse rainforests, with activities such as a treetop adventure on the property’s Canopy Walkway – located 95 feet above the jungle floor – and a boat ride to Lake Sandoval to spot giant river otters, howler monkeys and side-neck turtles.
- The adventure continues at Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, where highlights include discovering the world’s largest collection of native orchids – some 372 species – in their natural habitat (a world record according to the AOS), star gazing at the RocotalObservatory, a purification session in the property’s Andean Sauna, and, of course, visiting
- Machu Picchu, one of the new 7 Wonders of the World.
Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Travelers then head to the Sacred Valley of the Incas for a two-night stay at the recently opened and already award-winning Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba.On-site, guests can pick their own produce from the property’s ecological farm, relax in their luxury rooms with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, and sample the property’s activities such as bird watching and a twilight walk. Guests will also visit various historical sites off-site such as Chinchero (Inca-Colonial village), Maras (Inca pink salt mine) and Moray (Inca circular terraces).
- The last stop is Inkaterra La Casona, an 11-suite 16th-century colonial manor located in the heart of Cusco, where the city’s markets and attractions are steps away. Travelers can explore the historic city by foot and unwind back at the hotel with a gourmet dinner and an Andean Hot Stone Massage.
Inkaterra’s 40th-anniversary ‘Ruby Package’ starts from $5,200 per person, based on double occupancy. The price is based on full board (excluding arrival and departure date) and excluding flights. Package price includes all forty excursions and spa treatments.
For more information about Inkaterra, visit: www.inkaterra.com.
Inkaterra is a Peruvian organization that celebrates 40 years of experience in sustainable tourism initiatives. It focuses on preserving and rescuing Peru’s geography, nature, customs and cultures and sharing them with the world. Since 2011 Inkaterra holds the Rainforest Alliance Verification in Sustainable Tourism, the Relais & Châteaux 2013 Environment Trophy, the 2012 Tourism for Tomorrow Award for Conservation, the and the 2012 Green Choice Sustainable Tourism Award. The company currently operates Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica & Inkaterra Hacienda Concepcion in the Amazon of Southern Peru, Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel in the cloud forest of Machu Picchu, Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, Inkaterra La Casona in Cusco, and El MaPi in Machu Picchu Pueblo under the more affordable brand ‘byInkaterra.’ Inkaterra has an alliance with the NGO Inkaterra Asociación (ITA), through which the company’s profits are invested in research, conservation, educational and social development programs. For more information, visit www.inkaterra.com.