Last Tuesday I had the opportunity to visit WBRC Fox6 news and host a cooking demo. The recipe that I prepared was Zucchini Lasagna Spirals. This was a fun opportunity because I like to prepare meals at home for my family with time-saving kitchen appliances.
Feature Photo from Destination Delish
I wanted to share the ingredients for those that enjoy trying new meals. See the list below.
Zucchini Lasagna Spirals
- 2-3 cups Cucina Antica Tomato Basil cooking sauce
- 12 oz. ricotta
- 2 tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Lay the zucchini strips out on a cooling rack (cooling rack allows excess water to drain). Sprinkle salt across the tops of the zucchini and let sit for about 10-15 minutes to let the water sweat out of the zucchini. Pat the water off the zucchini and then flip them over and repeat with the next side. Wipe off excess salt with a towel.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, basil, mozzarella, and egg. Stir well.
- Spread 1/2 cup Cucina Antica Tomato Basil on the bottom of casserole dish.
- Lay out the sliced zucchini noodles and spread about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture over each individual zucchini noodle. Add a spoonful of Cucina Antica Tomato Basil over the top of the ricotta.
- Carefully roll up the zucchini and place in the casserole dish.
- Spread extra Cucina Antica Tomato Basil cooking sauce over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano on top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the cheese on top is a nice golden brown.
A suggestion I provided on-air would be to include onions, mushrooms or ground turkey meat. This is the perfect dish to serve for dinner or during Sunday brunch.