Celebrity hairstylists Yusef Williams and Toyko Stylez used the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer professional edition ($449.99) to style the hair of top celebrities, Rihanna, and Cardi B at the 2018 MET Gala.
Link to Getty
HOW TO (By Yusef Williams, Rihanna’s hair stylist)
Inspiration: “John Galliano is the inspiration of all inspiration. For this look, I wanted to go back in time and create this Vatican-homage, but with a single finger wave to make it feel modern and more avant-garde.”
- Begin with wet hair and blow dry on high heat using the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer professional edition
- Once dry, I used the Phyto Specific Curl Legend Spray to hydrate before pulling the hair into a pony
- I then used the Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray and Fiber Paste and continued drying the hair
- I didn’t need a flat iron because the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer professional edition is so good.
- From here I created finger waves on either side of her face, using the flat iron to create the flat waves. Then brushed out using a fine tail comb, locking in the shape with the Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray
Link to Getty
HOW TO (By Tokyo Stylez, Cardi B’s hair stylist)
- Prep hair with Avlon Kera Care Foam Wrap-Set Lotion
- Blow dry with a round brush on high heat using the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer professional edition
- Use a ½ inch curling wand to style hair using OGX Shimmering Keratin Oil to give the hair shine
- Use a paddle brush to blow try again with the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer professional edition to give a nice flowy kinky textured look
- Finish the look with Paul Mitchell INVISIBLEWEAR Undone Texture Hairspray and Pantene Pro-V Hairspray to lock in the style