WHAT: In 2010, American Express created Small Business Saturday in response to small business owners’ most pressing need: getting more customers during the busy holiday shopping season.
Celebrated on the Saturday after Thanksgiving each year, Small Business Saturday helps shine a light on the small, independent businesses that keep our communities thriving.
This year Small Business Saturday is on November 25. Even more consumers and communities like Birmingham are coming together to support all types of small businesses (from retail shops and restaurants to fitness studios and record stores) on Small Business Saturday and throughout the year.
Homewood Chamber of Commerce
7 Hollywood Boulevard
WHEN: Saturday, November 25, 2017
More details on the day’s events include:
- A chance to win gift cards and giveaways with the use of #shopsmall and #shophomewood
- Drawing and social media contests
WHO: Meredith Drennen of Homewood Chamber of Commerce is available for on-site interviews.
They can discuss:
- Events taking place at Homewood Chamber of Commerce
- Background on Small Business Saturday
- The importance of local businesses to our economy
- The impact of Small Business Saturday on America’s small businesses