How To Make Gel Manicure Last During Holiday Party Season
November marks the beginning of holiday party season and getting a manicure is at the top of everyone’s to-do list.
My favorite salon service is receiving a gel manicure but with so many daily activities I suffer from a few dents and chips.
Featured Photo from Vogue.com
I wanted to share tips that will make your gel manicure last longer and keep your hands beautiful during the holidays.
Make Your Gel Manicure Last:
- When cleaning wear rubber gloves.
- Avoid boiling water which lifts the nail lacquer.
- Use cuticle oil to keep the nail bed healthy.
- Apply a clear topcoat to add shine.
- Use sugar scrub on the hands to exfoliate and remove dryness.
The biggest gel manicure secret is when the polish chips use a file to reshape the nails. Filing removes the chipped polish and makes your manicure look fresh. Finish the process with hand lotion.
Gel manicures can be beautiful and shiny! Remember, do not remove the gel polish at-home and take a break between salon visits to let the nails repair.