How To Glow During NYFW: Dr. Maryam Zamani
With NYFW kicking off this week, that means hectic schedules, runway shows, after parties and a jam-packed social schedule all while wanting to look our very best! Oculoplastic Surgeon, Dr. Maryam Zamani, would love to share her guidelines (below) on how you can glow in the midst of the madness.
Featured Photo from Instagram
- Exfoliate: Gently exfoliate and remove any dead skin that accumulates, particularly in colder temperatures and heating. I recommend a Natural Konjac Sponge to help slough off the dead unwanted skin and allow beautiful new skin to glow through.
- Maintain Hydration: Hydration helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, boosts hydration and makes skin glow. Look for a moisturizer with sun protection, brighteners (like Vitamin C), and skin plumpers.
- Focus below the neck: never forget the décolletage especially in the season of the little black dress. Use a daily body scrub every morning. Swap your regular body lotion with one with lactic acid to help dissolve rough patches without irritating the skin.
- Get a nutritional facelift: Make sure your diet is filled with Omega 3, 6 and 9 to help combat inflammation and maintain the health of the skin and hair. Fruits and vegetables loaded with antioxidant help rid your body of free radicals that make your skin look older
- Avoid salty foods for at least two to three days prior to a party to prevent puffy eyes.
- Increase your water intake to keep yourself hydrated and counter the effects of alcohol and caffeine.
- Do not get a facial or peel the day of a party; this should be done one week before an event to avoid redness and irritation.