Unilever is launching “Rinse. Recycle. Reimagine.” a new program in partnership with Keep America Beautiful and the Ad Council designed to educate people about recycling in the bathroom, inspire them to reimagine what empty bathroom products could become through recycling, and ultimately make a small change that holds big potential to positively impact the environment.
Think that empty shampoo bottle is just a bottle? Think again. With just a rinse and a recycle, empty bath and beauty bottles can take on new life and return as hairbrushes, backpacks or even backyard play set.
The new Unilever Bathroom Recycling Index found that while a majority of Americans are aware that their empty bathroom bottles are recyclable, less than half report regularly bringing them to the bin. As a result, common bathroom products like shampoo, body wash and lotion bottles could be more likely to end up in landfills than their kitchen counterparts, contributing to the nearly 29 million tons of plastics sent to landfills each year!
Unilever – the maker of products including Dove®, Suave®, St. Ives®, Caress® and more – is stepping in to inspire Americans to clean up their act in the bathroom.
- Beware the product hoarders: 1 in 5 Americans (20%) have more than 10 bathroom products in plastic bottles in their bathroom at a given time.
- What gets Americans moving: Americans are more likely to go the distance to get a drink when thirsty, charge their phone, or answer a phone call than walk an empty plastic bottle from the bathroom to the recycle bin.
- Battle of the sexes: More men (80%) reported recycling their empty bathroom bottles than women (74%).
Unilever can’t do this alone, and so the company has introduced the Unilever BrightFuture initiative.
What began as Project Sunlight in 2013 has evolved into a larger movement designed to bring Unilever’s purpose to life and inspire Americans to take small actions that add up to a big difference – whether that’s wasting less, sharing more, turning off the tap, turning on community activism or, simply, recycling – because everyone has a role to play in creating a brighter future.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Spread the word by sharing a photo of your bathroom empties being recycled on Twitter and Instagram using #ReimagineThat. Add #Sweeps to your post to be entered for a chance to win recycled, reimagined prizes.
- Watch famous Internet Illusionist Zach King and others reimagine recycling and share their videos across your social channels.
- Visit BrightFuture.Unilever.us to learn how you can help bridge the gap in bathroom recycling.
“Our scale and sheer volume of products present in American bathrooms puts us in a unique position to take on this issue.” said Gina Boswell, Executive Vice President of Personal Care, Unilever North America. “The average American household has eight products in plastic bottles in their bathroom. If we’re able to inspire those millions of people to recycle their empty body wash or lotion bottles, this small action can bring about transformational change.”
Unilever and the Ad Council, “we hope to help turn bathroom recycling into a daily norm.”
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever and not to Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a Sweepstakes winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Unilever #ReimagineThat Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes“) begins April 29, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET“) and ends June 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period“).
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever (the “Sponsor“), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, the “Sponsor and its Administrators“), and its affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win.
- Photo Entry Requirements: By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Sweepstakes Entry submitted. The Sweepstakes Entry, or portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sweepstakes Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Sweepstakes Entry from any source. All Sweepstakes Entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrants. Any Sweepstakes Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, inappropriate, disparaging, offensive or contains proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Sweepstakes Entries should not contain any third party materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand. Sponsor may blur or black out the infringing material, in their sole discretion. Sweepstakes Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winner acknowledge and agree that their Sweepstakes Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Sweepstakes Entries in any way it sees fit. If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com to create an account for free. If you do not have an Instagram account, visit www.Instagram.com to download the application to your mobile device. Instagram nor Twitter are affiliated with this Sweepstakes in any way and are not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prizes. No endorsement or approval of Sweepstakes by Instagram or Twitter is expressed or implied. Automated, script, macro or robotic Sweepstakes Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Sweepstakes Entries may be posted on the Sponsor’s website, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Sweepstakes Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- Daily and Grand Prize Sweepstakes Drawings: One (1) Daily Prize winner per day (42 total) will be randomly selected from all Sweepstakes Entries received during the corresponding day. Drawings will be conducted on or about May 6, 2015; May 13, 2015; May 20, 2015; May 27, 2015; June 3, 2015; and June 10, 2015 from among all eligible Sweepstakes Entries received per day during the preceding week. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all Sweepstakes Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period on or about June 10, 2015. The random drawings will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the “Administrator“), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received during the corresponding day and overall.
- Sweepstakes Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”): Grand Prize (1 total) A Sponsor-selected $500 gift card. Daily Prize 1 (6 total): A Sponsor-selected Prize Package, including Sponsor-selected Unilever products, a Sponsor-selected eco-friendly loofa sponge, and Sponsor-selected bath and shower gloves (ARV: $24.17). Daily Prize 2 (6 total): A Sponsor-selected Prize Package, including Sponsor-selected Unilever products, a Sponsor-selected eco-friendly beauty kit, and a Sponsor-selected eco-friendly jewelry roll (ARV: $67.01). Daily Prize 3 (6 total): A Sponsor-selected Prize Package, including Sponsor-selected Unilever products, a Sponsor-selected accessory organizer, and a Sponsor-selected travel bag (ARV: $53.83). Daily Prize 4 (6 total): A Sponsor-selected Prize Package, including Sponsor-selected Unilever products and a Sponsor-selected eco-friendly umbrella (ARV: $54.99). Daily Prize 5 (6 total): A Sponsor-selected Prize Package, including Sponsor-selected Unilever products and a Sponsor-selected backpack (ARV: $79.03).Daily Prize 6 (6 total): A Sponsor-selected Prize Package, including Sponsor-selected Unilever products and a Sponsor-selected tote bag (ARV: $50.64). Daily Prize 7 (6 total): A Sponsor-selected Prize Package, including Sponsor-selected Unilever products, a Sponsor-selected tote bag, and a Sponsor-selected canning jar travel drinking cup ($58.07). Gift cards subject to restrictions and expiration dates may apply. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guaranty of any kind. Limit one (1) Prize per person. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable.
- General Rules: The Site’s computer timestamp is the official timekeeper for purposes of this Sweepstakes. Potential Sweepstakes Prize winners will be notified via comment on the winner’s Sweepstakes Entry. Potential Sweepstakes Prize winners then must follow the directions in the comment to claim the prize and complete registration within a time period specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner and an alternate Sweepstakes Prize winner will be selected. Return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply to comment/email may result in disqualification and alternate prize winner will be selected. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes will be delivered within 6-8 weeks after winner confirmation. Sweepstakes winners and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Released Parties“) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prizes. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, Sweepstakes Entries and Submissions for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, Entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram/Twitter account or email address associated with the Sweepstakes Entry. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Sweepstakes Entries in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the applicable prizes from eligible Sweepstakes Entries received per day and overall prior to cancellation as outlined above. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state and local laws. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant (or parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, available after July 9, 2015, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by August 10, 2015, to: The Unilever #ReimagineThat Sweepstakes Winners, 100 Marcus Drive, Attn: AS, Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor/ Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever, 800 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.