As a national TV correspondent (TODAY, E!, Inside Edition), fashion editor and style expert, NYC it girl Sydney Sadick has perfected the art of dressing for the part you want in life. In her new book Aim High: How to Style Your Life and Achieve Your Goals, Sydney shares her ethos on how to live fearlessly, achieve your dreams, and use fashion as a tool to ignite goal-getting confidence.
Not even a pandemic can stop her; as the nation-wide quarantine halted her industry, Sydney launched the ‘Lunchtime with Sydney’ Instagram Live show where 125,000+ viewers tune in weekly to watch her interview fashion and beauty icons like Bobbi Brown, Steve Madden, Lele Sadoughi, Alana Hadid, and some of today’s hottest reality celebrities.
The art of pivoting is just one of the many tricks Sydney has picked up over the years that drives her success. Now, she shares her story in her book to help others find their inner voice/style (and look fabulous in the process).
Black leggings are essential to our quarantine wardrobes this fall. They’re comfortable, look great on all women of any age and body type, and are the perfect canvas for dressing up or down. Here are 5 different ways I suggest wearing them.
1. Zoom Meetings: Make a statement in the upper portion of your outfit since this is where people will be seeing you. A puff-shoulder cardigan or a blazer in a flexible fabric with a bodysuit or t-shirt underneath paired with a gold hoop earring a bold lip will give your favorite bottoms a professional upgrade.
2. Socially-Distanced Lunch: If you’re meeting a friend for a socially distanced lunch outside you want to make sure you’re dressed warm! This is where layering comes into play. Pair your leggings first with a t-shirt, then a chunky knit sweater in a fall–approved color (deep burgundy, forest green), and a chic puffer coat. A pair of biker boots is also a fun way to add a little edge to your chilly-weather outfit. Your leggings allow you to mix textures, colors, and patterns, so have fun with it.
3. Comfy and Cozy: Netflix and chill calls for leggings and hoodies. Tie-dye is here to stay but in fall colors. Throw it on with your pair of leggings and a furry slipper and you’ll still look put together even if you have no plans on moving
4. Virtual Date: You don’t want to look like you tried too hard, but you still want to look put together. Your leggings will complement any top. Show off a little skin with an off the shoulder top paired with a chain choker necklace. It’s not too much but just enough.
5. At-Home Workout: Pair your leggings to a fun graphic t-shirt or colorful sports bra with a zip-up hoodie over it. The way you dress affects your mood so even bringing out some color to your leggings will make you a little more motivated to head to that online workout class.
Sydney Sadick is a TV correspondent concentrating on fashion and celebrity. She contributes to multiple television shows across the country to deliver runway and table-top segments, in addition to sitting on roundtables and covering red carpet events. She is regularly seen on the TODAY SHOW (Hoda & Jenna), E! Daily Pop, Inside Edition, NBC New York Live, and more, appearing in over 100 segments in just two years.
She is a former editor at the Daily Front Row, interviewing some of the world’s most coveted celebrities, designers, stylists, among others, and covering New York Fashion Week, The Met Ball, and other top events.
Her debut book “Aim High: How to Style Your Life and Achieve Your Goals” released September 15th, 2020, and is available now on Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, and local bookstores nationwide.