Weekend trips – so short, yet so hard to pack for! With endless possibilities but only a few outfits to wear, packing for a weekend trip can seem even more daunting than packing for a two-week vacation. To ease the stress, Ann Taylor has bold and versatile options, so you can avoid over packing and create effortless and considered looks for all occasions without having to bring the bulk.
Pack away easy one piece outfits like a striped off the shoulder dress or a linen romper. To switch it up, grab printed shorts and skirts, matching sets (perfect for matching or mixing), versatile wide leg pants and fun halter tops for easy-to-coordinate looks.
Throw everything in a spacious woven straw tote with some chandelier earrings – the perfect additions for casual, yet refined weekend looks. A pair of versatile eyelet espadrille wedges will go far on a weekend getaway.
It’s no secret that I’m a Pinterest addict and this week would be no different! I’m packing for a holiday trip and want to ensure that everything’s organized. My biggest obstacle is planning my attire for the entire week. There’s nothing worse than realizing I left something at home and instantly start to locate the nearest Target.
Regardless, there are some girls that get it right (in terms of packing.) We all know them and recognize them in the airport. They’re the ladies wearing dark sunglasses, a Tory Burch Carry-On, bottled water, and portable cellphone charger. This elite group of women are effortless, cool but most importantly have not left anything.
To help the rest of us (that are like myself) with packing tips, I want to share the infographics below.
Click on the photos to visit the site that provides more details for proper packing.
Going on vacation is an exciting time for any fashion girl. But there’s always the dilemma of packing for an extended amount of time. Honestly, it can become overwhelming and the thought of going through airport security’s mentally exhausting.
We shouldn’t let that distract us from looking fabulous and having a good time. To help us get motivated I want to share a few quick packing tips:
1. Always pack a variety of summer dresses – whether it’s a maxi or shift dress. Packing a dress makes room in your duffle bag and you don’t have to iron!
2. Use accessories to dress up your vacation style or tone it down. Pack a fedora hat (so we don’t have to worry about our hair) add a belt to cinch the waist for a sexy look and a few statement necklaces to dress up a basic t shirt.
3. Your shoe collection should also be effortless style. Include flip flops (easy to put on) flats for a cool night and two pairs of pumps. In terms of pumps, I like to go with a basic color that coordinates with any garment such as nude or black.
4. Undergarments need to reflect your coordinated pieces. For example, a new mom should include a slimming camisole to keep the abdominal muscles (firm) underneath a blouse. We can also add a bodysuit for that gorgeous dress that shows your curves.
5. In terms of pants, consider a pair of shorts, jeans, or even leggings. All three are great options when packing your vacation attire because they’re transitional pieces that can mix and match.
6. Don’t forget your swimsuit – I like to keep two options in mind; one swimsuit for a sexy date and another suit for having a good time (you’re not concerned with your appearance in this suit because it’s comfortable.)
Packing for any trip can be demanding but with the right tips and perspective, we can have an amazing time and still look great!